Virtual Materials Group Inc.
Dynamic simulation has emerged as a core technology for profit improvement. The process industries are dynamic by nature, rarely operating at steady state. Changes in feed flows and compositions, external disturbances and changing equipment performance continually effect the process operation. VMGSim Dynamics provides world class dynamic features and user friendliness in a unified life cycle environment, while reducing software costs and making dynamic simulation affordable to companies in the process industries.
VMGSim Dynamics can be used to:
- Simulate process operability during Upsets
- Evaluate process equipment, and control strategies
- Develop start up, shutdown, and operating procedures
- Perform regulatory control system studies
- Perform step testing off-line
- Perform rigorous blowdown/depressuring
- Evaluate relief loads from causes such as reflux pump failure, fire, and power failure
A VMGSim dynamic model incorporates equipment information, and a control layer and provides a complete, offline, virtual plant. The model enables an engineer to gain process understanding and evaluate changes made that can improve performance of the process.
Example Dynamic Simulation Benefits:
- a dynamic model of the process developed in the design phase can highlight changes in the process configuration and equipment sizes that reduce equipment capital costs
- Industry experience has shown that the same model can reduce start up times by as much as 70%
- By using a dynamics model for offline step testing APC implementation costs can be reduced by as much as 30%
- Dynamic simulation of relief scenarios provides a more accurate analysis of relief loads that can lead to millions in savings on flare system revamps
World Class chemical process simulator for Oil, Gas, and Chemical Industries.
Add the time dimension to your models using our comprehensive pressure/flow network solver.
Thermophysical property calculator capable of simulating complex multi-phase fluids.
Thermo Explorer is the tool to explore the thermodynamic space. It combines physical property data from TRC/NIST, a powerful and flexible non-linear regression package, and VMGThermo . Develop or validate models quickly and effectively.
VMG software’s original developers work with us today. So whatever the challenge, we’ve solved it before or we are ready to invent a new solution.